If you're a fan of sports betting then you're sure to be a fan of TCBETS.com! Place your bets, all day and night for some of the greatest odds and highest payouts! Good luck!
There are two basic types of poker one can find, draw and stud poker:
Each player is dealt five cards; players may then discard unwanted cards and draw the equivalent number of new cards. The players bet both before and after the draw.
Of stud poker there are several forms:
- Five-card stud: players are dealt one card face down and one card face-up. Then players are dealt three additional cards face-up. Bets are places after each round of cards are dealt.
- Seven-card stud: follows the same general rules as five-card stud except the players are each dealt seven cards. The best five-card hand out of seven wins.
The following rules apply to the ranking of cards in poker, from highest to lowest and of course in poker games the highest hand wins:
- Royal Flush: Ace-King-Queen-Jack-Ten (all cards have to be of the same suit)
- Straight Flush: two-three-four-five-six (any five cards in sequence all of the same suit)
- Four of a kind: nine-nine-nine-nine (any four cards of the same value)
- Full House: eight-eight-eight-Jack-Jack (any three of a kind plus any pair)
- Flush: four-seven-nine-Jack-King (any five cards of the same suit)
- Straight: seven-eight-nine-ten-Jack (any five cards in sequence from any suit)
- Three of a kind: four-four-four-two-Queen (any three cards of the same value)
- Two pairs: seven-seven-five-five-six
- One pair: five-five-Jack-nine two
- Highest card: Ace-Queen-nine-eight-four will beat Ace-Queen-eight-seven-five
When you enter a poker game, you must make a full buy-in for that game. A full buy-in at limit poker is at least ten times the maximum bet for the game being played, unless otherwise designated. You can always buy poker books online. Pokershopping.com offer a wide range of high quality poker chips, poker books, poker chips sets and poker tables and they give you a lowest price guarantee on all products.
The following is not permitted in poker:
- Collusion with another player or any other form of cheating.
- Verbally or physically threatening any patron or employee.
- Using profanity or obscene language.
- Creating a disturbance by arguing, shouting, or making excessive noise.
- Throwing, tearing, bending, or crumpling cards.
- Destroying or defacing property.
- Using an illegal substance.
- Carrying a weapon.
Learning how to play poker
may seem difficult at first however it actually is quite simple once you learn the order of the winning hands. Mastering it however is another story.
Copyright 2004-2013 www-gambling.info. All rights reserved.